Monday, June 17, 2013

It's About Time





For this project I chose to create a carving of a panda out of soap. I chose a panda because they are one of my favorite animals. I started from the top carving the curve of the back, and then forming blocks of where the limbs and face were to be. I was hesitant at first to take away too much, but as the form started to unfold I grew braver and began to trust me carving strokes far more.


I ran my panda under water for a few minutes, used it as soap, and  

I put it in the microwave for a minute. It caused the soap to puff up three times its original size and crumble. I continued to crumble it more and add red acrylic paint all over it. Then I added mod podge and molded it all together into a ball using plastic wrap. I then added coral nail polish and glitter. I added heat from a blow dryer as well as some rubber cement on the outside which effected the color and texture change.










No comments:

Post a Comment